Do you like to read?

Good. So do I. What started out as a place where I posted reviews, thoughts, and suggestions surrounding mostly young adult fiction has now turned into my personal venting space. I'm going to review books. I'm going to be honest. And I'm going to be snarky. You've been warned.







Dec 2, 2011

Best Thing I've Ever Written

Well, okay, maybe I'm lying. This isn't the best thing I've ever written, but I was pretty impressed by my ridiculous imagination. See for yourself:


This was just a routine checkup. Working for the force, it was required. Every six months he had to go to the doctor. Or vet. They were the same thing in his mind.

"I'm sorry, Mr. McGruff," the doctor said too calmly, "but you've tested positive for rabies."

The words floated around in the air for a moment. Then, without warning, they attacked. He couldn't even howl. What would be the point?

"Mr. McGruff?"

The doctor's words made him realize he was panting. Slobber was slipping over his pointed teeth.

"I know this is difficult to hear. Do you need a minute alone?"

McGruff didn't say anything. He didn't even hear her leave the office.

But I feel fine, he thought. Fine. Better than fine. I'm at the top of my game, stronger than ever. This has to be a mistake. A damn mistake!

He suddenly heard the words of his commander: Be careful what you take a bite out of, McGruff.

Every sound suddenly became intensified -- the thumping of his heavy tale, the grinding of his sharpened teeth, the patter of footsteps in the hall, the wind against the thin window. It was all so loud. Too loud. Something inside threatened to burst out. Finally, it could no longer be contained. His head drew back, and he howled and howled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Is this pre or post rabies??

No comments:

Post a Comment