Do you like to read?

Good. So do I. What started out as a place where I posted reviews, thoughts, and suggestions surrounding mostly young adult fiction has now turned into my personal venting space. I'm going to review books. I'm going to be honest. And I'm going to be snarky. You've been warned.







Jan 11, 2011

Anticipated New Release


Timeless
by Alexandra Monir (debut novel!)



I have this kind of fascination with romances involving time travel. Well, specifically time travel into the 1800s and early 1900s. One of my favorite YA books from when I was 13, Out of Time, deals with this kind of travel, so when I read about this book, I was immediately intrigued. It comes out today (well, technically yesterday by the time I finish writing this) so if you are a sucker for impossible love stories, you should check it out. I've already heard good things about Monir's writing. I especially admire period pieces when they are done well, when research is done correctly and there is a great attention to detail. My only gripe so far is that this is the first in a series. I know series books are quite popular right now, but I'm not the biggest fan - mostly because I am so impatient. I loath waiting.

A free sample of the book has already been downloaded onto Marv (my Kindle. Aw, another reason why I love this nifty e reader), so when I can find time to start reading a new project, I will absolutely dive into this. But who knows when that will be. Currently, I am stuck in the world of 19th century poetry and am supposed to be finishing a paper on Mont Blanc as I sit here procrastinating. . . I should probably get to that.

For your amusement, here is the trailer to the 1980 movie, Somewhere in Time. Oh, 80s, how you make me laugh.



I love how the announcer sounds bored as hell as he describes this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment