Do you like to read?

Good. So do I. What started out as a place where I posted reviews, thoughts, and suggestions surrounding mostly young adult fiction has now turned into my personal venting space. I'm going to review books. I'm going to be honest. And I'm going to be snarky. You've been warned.







Jun 3, 2011

Jane Jones: Worst. Vampire. Ever.

Are you looking for vampires that sparkle, or brooding vampires and werewolves that fall in love with teenage girls? Then this is not the book for you. Interested in a different type of vampire story? Well, how about taking a peek at this one?



Oh Jane Jones, how it sucks to be a vampire. At least for her. She's not beautiful, doesn't fit in with other vampires, or humans for that matter, doesn't have guys drooling all over her. And oh yeah, she's allergic to blood. Plain Jane Jones really does sound like the worst vampire ever. Thank goodness.

But of course it wouldn't be a good story if other things didn't happen to her, like battling vampire mean girls, dealing with enemies from the past, finding out a possible cure for vampirism, and actually finding out that two very different boys are interested in her. And is it funny? Of course. How could it not be, when author Caissie St. Onge used to write for the Late Show and VH1's Best Week Ever? It's hard to not love a book about the struggles of forever having to deal with those pesky, awkward teen years, especially with lines like: "Leave it to me to be the first vampire in history to trip on her shoelace and stake herself through the heart." And even if you're not a vampire, it won't be hard to relate to some of the problems of her teenage angst.

I've only read two types of vampire books: Anne Rice and Stephanie Meyer (Lestat is really the coolest vampire ever, sorry Steph). Considering that vampires are quite popular at the moment, I should probably jump on the bandwagon and start reading these books. And I'll start with this one... right after I get back from Europe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vampires suck. Or do they bite?


No comments:

Post a Comment