Do you like to read?

Good. So do I. What started out as a place where I posted reviews, thoughts, and suggestions surrounding mostly young adult fiction has now turned into my personal venting space. I'm going to review books. I'm going to be honest. And I'm going to be snarky. You've been warned.







Sep 13, 2011

Update: Torrent

I. Heart. This. Book. More like the whole River of Time Series (previously mentioned here). It's just great, fun reading. What more could you want from a series? There's love, drama, suspense, time traveling, ruthless fighting, and happy endings. The happy ending felt deserved, and the reader really wanted things to work out, all the while feeling super jealous that it did. Though Gabriella got everything she wanted, you didn't hate her for it -- unlike other . . . stories that I've read.



Torrent concludes the River of Time Series, but Lisa Bergren might write more in the future, depending on how sales and reception do. Though there were two books behind this one, this book did not fizzle out or lose steam. It was just as suspenseful as the predecessors. Of course it wasn't perfect. There will always be things about books, any book no matter how much I like it, that I dislike (for example, the damsel in distress thing that was recycled, and the cover of the book was supposed to depict Marcello, but instead looked like a 35-year-old creeper), but these things were drowned out compared to the sheer awesomeness of everything else. I'm fine with the books ending with Torrent because it closed nicely without too many lingering questions, but I would welcome more -- and it'd be an interesting twist to follow the secondary love story between Lia and Luca. Though the time travel to the 1300s phenomena was never explained, I did not mind -- it was easy to find the Things Happen For a Reason Even Though They Can't Be Explained theme, which I appreciated.

In the words of LeVar Burton, of course, you don't take my word for it. Go read Torrent for yourself -- just start with Waterfall and Cascade, first.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Interested in the world of all things medieval? One of my favorite movies set in the Middle Ages is The Princess Bride. To The Pain!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reading the whole series! I'm so glad you came along for the ride. And I adore Princess Bride too...a classic.

    ReplyDelete