Do you like to read?

Good. So do I. What started out as a place where I posted reviews, thoughts, and suggestions surrounding mostly young adult fiction has now turned into my personal venting space. I'm going to review books. I'm going to be honest. And I'm going to be snarky. You've been warned.







Aug 27, 2011

River of Time Series

Remember when I said I love books about time travel? Well, I found another one. Three, actually. So far, these three books - Waterfall, Cascade, and Torrent -  make up the River of Time Series and I've read two of them - waiting for the last one to come out in ebook form (because I'm lazy, and don't feel like waiting for it in the mail. If that makes sense).


I found Waterfall randomly on Amazon while searching for something completely non-related. There were two things I liked right off the bat about this love story: time travel and free (at least at the time it was). Woo hoo, I love free things! Then I found out it was a Christian novel. Strange. I was surprised by this, but not bothered -- I just haven't read many Christian books that I didn't have to. Does that scare you -- books having to deal with Christian ideas and morals? Well, it really shouldn't.

Lisa Bergren has written a very interesting series. I read Waterfall in two days, and then immediately jumped into Cascade. Now I'm twiddling my thumbs, waiting for Torrent to officially come out on September 1st. Though there were details about the book that seemed too easy -- like, for example, Gabi and Lia just happened to be trained in some sort of combat, some of the "teenage" lingo made me roll my eyes -- and I hate the book cover for Torrent, these books still had me captivated. Lisa did a nice job of keeping the reader interested and rooting for the characters as they travel back to the 1300s, find love, and fight for their lives and what they believe is right. She was also able to imagine some pretty awesome fighting. I think the medieval battle scenes were my favorite parts. Yep, that's right, I said battle scenes.

So, if you like suspenseful, nail-biting love stories, then you better get your hands on these books before they disappear through the current of time. You never know...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Interested in time travel? Here's what Einstein had to say about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment